“Resting on our laurels is NOT an option” said Stone Design CEO Andrew Stone, @twittelator. “Each month for the last 12 months we have released a free update to Twittelator Pro, and this month brings unique features like Muting noisy tweeters, video uploading to TwitVid with co-upload to YouTube, and the fantasic TwitLonger which lets you write blogs in Twittelator and have them automatically linked from the posted tweet! Tweet translation is fantastic for understanding your global friends.”
The key new features recently added to Twittelator Pro v3.1 include:
• Translate a tweet into your native language
• Shoot, Edit and Upload Video tweets (requires iPhone 3G S)
• Support for uploading videos to YouTube via TwitVid
• Send really long tweets (aka blogs) via TwitLonger
• Muting (temporarily ignoring) tweeters without unfollowing
• Record and Upload Audio tweets (all models - Touches require mic)
• Shake to Refresh
• Copy just part of a tweet
• 5 fun bird sounds when you get new tweets via autorefresh
• Offline tweeting and reading - great for iPod Touches!
• Shake to undo composed tweets before publishing
• Paste an image from another application into your tweet
• Instant access to over 560 dingbats and colorful emoji
• Email tweets and links without leaving the application
• See street map, satellite map or hybrid map of the location of any tweeter
• Set your location as a placename accurately using Google’s reverse geocoding
• Ready for second coming of the Twitpocalypse (> 4,294,967,295 tweets)
With so many other power features including multiple accounts, unlimited drafts, offline tweeting, unlimited sub groups of friends, Twittelator Pro v3.1 packs the most features into a Twitter client, mobile or desktop.
"With the added ability to use TwitLonger to post those tweets that you just can't get to fit into 140 characters, along with the myriad features already present, Twittelator has become one of the most comprehensive Twitter clients available on the iPhone platform", said Stuart Gibson, TwitLonger developer.
“Twittelator has been so successful and the twitterverse response to it so positive that we just keep going,” remarked Mr. Stone. “What has been particularly gratifying is to see our features get picked up by other clients, even on the desktop platform!”
Twittelator Pro was listed on the top of "16 of the summer's hottest new releases" in the New York Times, Sunday August 2nd and the Wall Street Journal, Monday August 3rd in full page Apple and AT&T advertisements.
Twittelator Pro was chosen as Editor’s pick for best iPhone Twitter client by Mac|Life in May 2009 issue.
Stone Design is a New Mexico based software corporation founded in 1984 by Andrew Stone which has shipped over 20 titles for Mac OS X and its parent operating system, the NeXT, in the last 20 years. Major applications include Create, a page layout and web authoring app, iMaginator for image processing and Videator for video effects and VJ’ing. In the past year, in conjunction with BigStonePhone, has added 10 iPhone applications to the collection: TalkingPics for field photography and audio recording, iGraffiti which lets you paint on photos and share them, Gesture which lets you turn photos into digital paintings and share them, Twittelator Pro, the most feature laced twitter client for the iPhone/Touch, Pulsar the free pyschedelic strobe light and now SoundBite MobileMix Postcards, TalkingPics µ, and iCreated with artist David Scott Leibowitz. BigStonePhone is a collaboration between Stone and Jeff BIggus of Hyperjeff.net, and Geoff Pado of Cocoatype on SoundBite and MobileMix.