For Immediate Release
For more information, please contact:
|Stone Design Ships Pack Up & Go(tm) 1.1.1|
For Mac Server and Yellow Box for Windows
Albuquerque, September 22 1999 - Veteran Mac OS X/Yellow Box developers, Stone Design, shipped the latest version of the innovative file compression tool Pack Up & Go for Mac OS X Server and Yellow Box for Windows today. Creating compressed archives is as easy as drag and drop, with optional ascii encoding for old-style mail. Say goodbye to the missing attachment blues! And best of all, it's shareware - this version is fully functional, pay only $20 if you decide to use it.
Pack Up & Go Features include:
• Drag & Drop of Files and Folders
• Single or multiple files and/or folder combinations
• Available through Services
• Drop on Desktop Alias to create individual archives
• Optionally convert to ascii encoding (uuencoded)
• Works even if you don't have write permission on file's directory
• Console which logs actions and errors
• Fully multithreaded - start new jobs even when old are running
• Jobs Panel keeps track of all compressions in a session
• Window sizes and locations remembered between sessions
* Automatic Ascii Encoding option for mailing
* Choose time versus space on compression
* Compress in place or in temporary directory
* Option to save compressed files when encoded
• Shareware - this version has no locked features.
Stone Design is offering a fully functional shareware ($20) version. Downloading is available now.
Stone Design Corp. in Albuquerque, New Mexico was formed in 1984 and was the first developer to ship a product on NeXT Hardware in 1989 with the release of TextArt. Since then, Stone Design has been a leader in innovative shrinkwrap software in the NEXTSTEP/OpenStep/Mac OS X Server marketplace. Create(TM) - the high end drawing and web page making package - is Mac OS X Server's and Apple Yellowbox's first application. All other names are trademarked by their respective companies.